July 05, 2010

Thoughts From the Heart

I have so many questions I would like to ask of you;
Where have you been? Why don't you care? What did I do?
Do you ever think of me? Know that I often think of you.
I wish you weren't so selfish, I wish you wanted me too.
I wonder what my childhood would have been like if you were there for me.
Maybe it would have been easier, maybe I would have been happy.
All my life I have longed for you more then you will ever know.
Over and over again I was hurt by the lack of love that you would show.
I've spent many years trying to understand how this came to be.
I think it's simply who you are, you've refused to change for your family.
I want you to know that I miss you and I'll always love you still.
Afterall, your my father, there's a hole in my heart only you can fill.
Maybe one day we can be friends, I'd like that very much.
I think you might be proud of who I am and may want to stay in touch.
In the mean time I'll be patient and continue to be okay..
Thanks to the love from my family and friends that I am blessed with every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment