April 16, 2010

80s Love

I recently saw "Hot Tub Time Machine," the title although ridiculous is somewhat self explanatory. The hot tub brings them back to 1986, the year of my birth. As they showed some of the trends of that year it got me thinking about growing up in the 80s/90s and what sticks out for me from that time.

First, the Caboodle. I don't know a girl out there that didn't have one of theses filled with Bonnie Bell.


Alf, I was obsessed with Alf. Never missed an episode. I had Alf blankets, an Alf sleeping bag and even an Alf doll. Funny thing is he totally creeps me out now.

Before Wii, Xbox and play station one, two and three there was nintendo. Just plain, old non HD, 3D anything nintendo and it was great. Loved Mario Brothers, always wanted to be Mario never Luigi..can't forget about Duck Hunt either ;)


Cabbage Patch kids. They didn't cry, eat, poop or talk BUT they did have boy or girl written on their butt and they didn't let you look until after you bought the doll. At the time I thought for sure the excitement was similar to an actual birth except this baby came from a 'patch.'

Scrunchies, enough said.

Jonathon Taylor Thomas, JTT, oh, he had my 12 year old heart. Evidenced of course by tigerbeat posters all over my wall. Edward who?

In west Philadelphia, born and raised.....


Slap Bracelets. These used to get out of hand. I think they were even banned from school at one point.

And who could forget Friday night dates with Snick. Clarissa Explains it All, Rugrats, Doug, Roundhouse, the shows were forever changing but the one that always stayed, the one that scared the crap out of us but we would never admit it.. Are You Afraid of the Dark?


Welp, that's my walk down memory lane, just a few simple, irrelevant things that once put a smile on my face. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment