July 09, 2014

Two Years in a Nutshell

I know I haven't posted in quite a long time.  There have been quite a few life blessings since the last time I wrote.  I am at such an exciting time in my life right now that I feel like I need to start this up again as a way to document everything!

Let me get you up to speed..

I got married!  I was lucky enough to marry my best friend 9/21/12.  We had a perfect day surrounded by our family and friends.  There is something so amazing about walking in to a room and having everyone you love in the same place. We are so lucky to be surrounded but such wonderful people.  We feel so blessed to have found each other and  it seems to get better and better.

My husband is a police officer! ahhh so that is scary.  I am not excited about him working in such bad areas with people that commit real crimes everyday but he loves it.  I have never seen him so happy, so fulfilled, he's a different person.  I am so happy he found his calling.  I love my officer.

In February 2014 we closed on our first home together in Massapequa Park. Wowzerz did we ever dive head first into adulthood!  Being a homeowner is the greatest and worst thing in the world.  I feel an enormous sense of accomplishment and am proud to be a homeowner, especially in this day and age.  Long Island ain't cheap! However, I do miss being able to take vacations, shopping sprees and dine out with by hubby. We are officially in the poor house at the moment.  But it will all be worth it right? Let's hope so.

Two weeks after we closed on our home we got the two pink lines...we're pregnant! ahhh how did that happen?  Well, I know how it happened but it still feels surreal. I guess you try so long not to get pregnant that you are shocked when you do.  We found out we are having a little girl and we couldn't be more excited. Frank is already worrying about her dating, driving and going away to school.  He has ultimately decided she will be allowed to date.. never, he will be her personal taxi driver for her whole life and local school is a must.  Good thing I have lots of time to work on him.  I know she is going to have him wrapped around her little finger..he's doomed.

And that's the last two years in a nutshell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment