July 13, 2014

25 Weeks

I cannot believe that I am 25 weeks pregnant.  Time is flying.  I thought 9 months would drag by..maybe that comes towards the end of the third trimester, the week long minutes. I am feeling all the emotions.  SO excited to meet you, nervous to get you here and anxious to be your mama. Your daddy is feeling similar emotions.  He is very protective of you already.  I can't wait to see the two of you together.  I know you two will have something so special.

I have to say I have had a pretty good pregnancy so far.  I was one of the lucky ones who never experienced morning sickness. Three other women on my unit at work are pregnant as well and after seeing them suffer through those first 12 weeks I was very thankful to dodge that bullet!  I never really got the pregnancy glow as much as I got acne and gray hair. You are definitely sucking any beauty your mama had right out, but that's ok with me.

It is really crazy watching my body change each day.  When they say you "pop" overnight, you really do!  I literally went to bed one night looking like I may need to lay off the donuts to waking up a very obvious pregnant lady.  My body does not belong to me right now.  Everything I do and don't do is for you. My body knows you comes first. Which might explain why I can't breathe after walking up a flight of stairs! I've always known the human body is amazing but being pregnant and seeing and reading how it adapts to grow a life is really, truly a miracle.  I feel very blessed that I am able to do this. Sometimes when I get scared of giving birth I just remember that my body knows what to do.. my body was made to be able to do this.

I started to feel your little kicks around 18 weeks.  Looking back I think I probably felt you earlier but I thought it was gas! Feeling you move around inside my belly is like nothing else in the world. I do notice that you are getting stronger and stronger as the weeks go on. The doctor says you are no small fry! Definitely growing big and strong.  Mimi has informed me that our family has big babies! This makes me a little nervous for obvious reasons but we will get through it!

I have been steadily building your wardrobe. I have to say you are going to be one stylish baby girl.  I think you already have more clothes than me.  This is going to get dangerous.  I might have to start pacing myself now.  Your daddy just looks at me and shakes his head..I have a feeling he will be doing that a lot to us in the years ahead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment