November 13, 2011

This Christmas..

I had a realization recently. As the holidays come up I usually think about all the loot I want to get everyone and what I might get in return. This year I came up with nothing. I really do not want or need anything in my life. I am so blessed and happy to be where I am at. I don't always take the time to think about how blessed I am ..in fact I take it for granted. I have a job, food on my table, clothes, a roof over my head, family, friends and a Molly girl that love me. What else could a girl ask for?


This year I challenge everyone to look outside yourself and your own family and see that their are a lot of people in need around you even in your own community. There are so many ways to help and it all really does help. Most churches have a giving tree where you can pick a name of an in need child you can by a toy for. You can adopt an in need family or donate to an organization that does. You can drop of non perishable foods at your nearest food drive or soup kitchen that help to provide holiday meals for families in need. I challenge everyone to do one thing for those in need this holiday season... big or small..it all helps more then we will ever know. and it will make you feel good too!







Mother Teresa once said "If you can't feed 100 then just feed one. It is not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love that we put into them that matters."

No comments:

Post a Comment