December 29, 2014

We Will Be Just Fine

That dreaded day is approaching, Mommy is going back to work.  I have so many feelings about this.  Part of me feels like we have had a lifetime together.  Being pregnant and life before that feels likes ages ago.  It is like you have always been here.  The other part of me is thinking how could I possibly have to go back already?!  We haven't had any time at all. It is something I felt like I never had to worry about because it was never going to come but it is here and I am sad.

You are a lot more ready than we are.  Literally one night you went to bed and infant and woke up a baby.  You are so alert and interactive.  You hold your head up like a boss and daddy swears you can stand already.  You are starting to take in the world around you and recognizing the people in your life.  Daddy will be primarily taking care of you..take it easy on him.  I selfishly want to be with you every second and I have this feeling that no one can take care of you as well as I can, even daddy.  But I think that is only true because I haven't given anyone else the chance. I think this will allow you and your daddy to bond in a special way.  I think you will be just fine.  I think daddy will be just fine.  I on the other hand will be a mess.  I will miss you every second I am gone but know that I will always come back.  I will be thinking of you the whole time I am gone and I will always leave you in able hands.

I think one of the best things I can do for you is to keep working as strange as that sounds.  Even though financially I have no choice at the moment I think even if we were rich I would work.  I love being a nurse, not as much as being a mommy, but I do enjoy my job and what it stands for.  I work really hard and make a difference in the world and I want to be a good example for you.  I want you to grow up an see that a woman can do it all.  We can be mommies, wives, homemakers and working women.  Know that you will always come first and being a wife and mommy will always be the most important roles I have.

Some times I look at you and ask you what you are going to be when you grow up.  You smile at me.  I LOVE your smiles.  You can do anything you want to do baby girl. I will support you and help you achieve all of your goals.  I can't wait to see all you will accomplish.  (take your time) we have so much fun to have first.   I love you so much and as I go back to work I hope we will all adapt well.  I know its going to be hard at first, for me at least, but we will get through it and we will all be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment