May 05, 2010

Rockstar

I've always been a fan of Melissa Etherdige's music. She's one of the good ones...soulful, magnetic, powerful are just a few words that come to mind when I think of her as an artist. I'll never forget the first time I saw her in concert. It was quite the experience. I was about 13 years old, an already awkward age for girls. My mom, cousin Kristi and I went to see her at Jones Beach. Lets say Jones Beach holds 8,000 people..12 of them were men. I have never seen so many lesbian couples in one place. They actually put "WO" in front of the mens room sign to allow for two womens rooms. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against the lesbians..love em..but when my mom and cousin started pretending to be a couple to fit in things got a little out of hand.

All awkwardness aside, she put on one of the best shows I have ever seen. She is the epitome of rock star. A bad ass. She actually sounds better in person then she does on her albums which is why I am psyched to see her again this july in NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment