August 17, 2010

Movin Out

I would like to apologize for being a lazy blogger lately. It will start to get better soon, I promise. I have been in the process of moving over the last two weeks and it is not an easy endeavor. I thought 'Oh, I'll just buy a few things, pack a few things and move..it will be like college.' NOPE. In college everyone brings something to the table making your overall individual contribuition a little more manageable. I need things that I never even knew I needed i.e. a cheese grater, toilet brush, curtain rods, things you take for granted when you live at home. All these things add up and I have a rather large dent in my bank account at the moment but hopefully it will all be worth it. Right now you wouldn't know that though judging by the numerous boxes, pieces of unassembled ikea furniture, lack of tv and the fact that my dog is in full throttle resist mode. She has been relieving herself all over the house, not eating, barking her head off when I step outside..I'm not making the best impression on my new neighbors to say the least. I hope she warms up to her new home sooner then later.

I do have to say, unlike Molly, I am in love with the house. I will post pictures as soon as it is done. I love being so close to the beach and there is a surfer/island mentality that is obvious in the town. I love that. I miss my momma a lot and my other pups.. its hard to leave home, I wish I could have stayed but we all have to grow up sometime, right?..I'm going to be 25 this year, time to be a big girl. I have been in my own full throttle resist mode for awhile but everything kind of fell in place at the same time and I knew it was time.

As I begin this new chapter of my life I am feeling so many things; exitement, fear, sadness, happiness, anxiety..I am a bit of an emotional smorgasbord, but I think thats normal. Afterall, change is never easy but it is a natural, necessary part of life. We can choose to resist or embrace change and I'm choosing to embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment