July 21, 2011

Gut

We have lots of influences in our lives; family, friends, media etc. I think one of our problems as a generation is listening to those influences. Afterall, all of the above are human. They are not the end all say all and they don't know us like we do. Remember that they don't necessarily know what the heck they are talking about. All they can do is speak from their own experiences which may not be our own.

I think one of the hardest things in life to do is listen to our gut. We can't always hear it over the loudness of other influences. We don't always trust it. However, I can testify that the few times I've said 'screw it' and followed my gut, I have came out on top; whether it be in simple decisions, school, work or relationships. Listen to your gut, your inner voice; it has no alternative motives, no bias, simply your best interest and what will make you happy. A gut instinct gone wrong is only that which is tainted by your brain, if that makes any sense at all. Dont' think, just feel, trust. your. gut. It very rarely lets you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment