August 15, 2011

Relationships

I dont talk to my father..for those of you who know me well this is not news..we had multiple falling outs and it came to a point that I decided it was healthier for me not to talk to him at all because everytime I would, it ended badly..I struggle every year on this day whether or not I will say happy birthday to him..in the past it has been something that I have done through text message or email with limited response.

This year I struggled even more and I realized it shouldn't be so hard. I've figured out which relationships in my life are worth fighting for and which are not...it is not worth fighting for something that has nothing to give..it is not worth stressing over someone who doesn't think twice about you. So this is the new approach I am taking..I used to care..I used to let it effect me..but from now on I will NOT stress over anyone who does think about, care or love me back..it is simply not worth it..it is simply a waste of time..

Instead I will focus all of my love and attention on those that matter..those that think about, care, and love me back and also those that need me most..it's not worth the time and effort to try and make things happen with those that dont want it..I'd rather look in other places where it matters and fill the void with love, friendship and giving...

No comments:

Post a Comment