January 28, 2012

In Our Hearts

In case you haven't heard..I'm gettin hitched! I am so happy and feel so blessed to have a man like Frank to be my partner in life. :)

As we are planning our wedding there are a lot of decisions to be made. One that was hard for me was whether or not to get married in a church. We believe in God, and for me personally I pray daily and my spiritual life is important to me even though I am not a church goer. We ultimately decided to have a priest marry us but at the beach. Nothing against church but the beach is special to both of us for a few reasons; we met at the beach, our first kiss was at the beach, first time we said I love you was at the beach and our first apartment together is at the beach. Lastly, I have to say that I feel closer to God at the beach then I do in church...

Have you ever been to the beach in the off season when there is no one around? The sun is setting, there is a cool breeze on your face and an overwhelming sense of peace and calm..I look at the ocean, a pillar of strength and beauty, I breathe in and out listening to the sounds of crashing waves and in that very moment I feel so connected to God. I know He exists because how could something so beautiful and powerful exist if He does not? God has given us so many beautiful things in life and for me the beach is one of them.

In the end, it doesn't matter where you say 'I do.' God is in our hearts. Whether you decide to get married in a church, the beach or city hall..God will be there if you invite Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment