January 09, 2010

Life's a Beach

Some of the best memories I have come from the eight summers I worked as a lifeguard. For three months I adopted the island life, a surfer's mentality. No stress, every little thing was alright.




The crew quickly became my summer family as I saw them more then my own. We were an unlikely group of people to meet if it had not been for the beach. We had a wide range of ages and personalities but against most odds we clicked. We were care free, we were happy, we were beautifully tan.




Our spirits were renewed with each passing summer. The ocean was our therapy, the sunsets strengthened our faith and the cool breeze in our hair made us feel alive. We were thankful for the beauty all around us. There was never a bad day at the beach.




No comments:

Post a Comment