January 18, 2010

Smile

One of the things I always notice when walking down the streets of NYC is the faces of it's people. It's very easy to tell the true New Yorkers from tourists. Tourists are happy, excited and 9 times out of 10 have a camera out and pointing up. New Yorkers on the other hand always look very serious, focused, even robot like. I guess we have never had the reputation as a happy, polite, welcoming people but come on! So, I have made it my mission to change New York one smile at a time. There aren't many people in the world who wont smile back when smiled at. I do my best to smile at every person I make eye contact with and the results have been quite successful.

I know personally that a smile has made my day. A smile has gotten me through tough times. A smile has given me hope for a better tomorrow. We have all been given a gift that is universally understood as a positive gesture when genuine, we should put it to use a little more. Don't ya think? Try it. A smile has great power to positively influence others as well as ourselves. You'll feel good, they will feel good..trust me on this one :)





Smile,
Though your heart is aching,
Smile Even though its breaking,
When there are clouds in the sky-
You'll get by,
If you Smile through your fear and sorrow,
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through-
For you.
Light up your face with gladness,
Hide every trace of sadness,
Although a tear may be ever so near,
That's the time you must keep on trying,
Smile-
What's the use of crying,
You'll find that life is still worhwhile,
If you just smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment